List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: Google hits for OpenLDAP
From:       Brett  () Google <brett ! maxfield () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-27 3:30:51

["attachment.htm" (text/html)]

dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:seb@frankengul.org">seb@frankengul.org</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px \
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

    Le 21/10/2011 01:55, Brett @Google a écrit :
          talking about who authored / would author it.<br>
          My point (perhaps unclear) was that openldap should have such
          a document, or at least not &#39;dis those who try..<br>
    Maybe, the quick-start guide could be expanded with different
    sessions.<br>
    There&#39;s another good source of documentation in the tests/script
    with all the major features being setup in tests \
particular the quickstart (bould from source) is pretty good already.<br><br>The only \
thing i can think of, comparing zytrax to openldap docs, is that zytrax is all in the \
one place. Openldap&#39;s information is of much higher quality, but it is segmented \
into functional areas which require an understanding of openldap architecture before \
you can find the appropriate documentation. Newbies would not understand the openldap \
architecture, so would not be able to find docs.<br> <br>For example, if you have a \
problem with a particular directive which belongs in a particular backend, you would \
need to understand the openldap architecture and the relationship between keywords \
and backends, so that you know to look at the relevent backend documentation. \
Likewise users would need to know the difference between global and per-backend \
options, to find the best docs.<br> <br>Maybe in the documentation, hyperlink or \
comment could be added to the database sections to highlight the per-database docs \
?<br><br>The tests directory is a bit of a treasure trove, config wise. But hard to \