List:       openldap-software
Subject:    Referrals where not needed.
From:       Roland Stigge <roland.stigge () epigenomics ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 11:16:25

Hi!

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.0.7. In my slapd config file is a line containing:

referral        ldap://eigen

This is a referral to "superior knowledge information" (up in the tree).
When I'm searching the local subtree, besides the resulting entries, I
get the referral, but only wanted to search in the subtree.

Is this behaviour normal?

Thank you!

bye!
--
Roland Stigge

Epigenomics AG                              Kastanienallee 24
www.epigenomics.com                              10435 Berlin