List:       openldap-software
Subject:    Re: CORBA schema and LDAPv2
From:       "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt () OpenLDAP ! org>
Date:       2000-05-29 16:18:10

At 04:52 PM 5/29/00 +1000, Aoife_Kavanagh@rta.nsw.gov.au wrote:
> I'm trying to use JNDI in front of LDAP v2 (openldap) on Linux.  It works fine \
> until I try to use the Java and CORBA schemas.  Am I right in thinking that these \
> schemas are only for LDAPv3 directory?  If that's so, is there any way to store \
> CORBA IORs in LDAPv2 via JNDI?

You generally can translate any LDAPv3 schema to that used
by OpenLDAP 1.x, an LDAPv2+ implementation.  You have to use
syntax 'bin' where OpenLDAP does know or understand the
syntaxes/matching rules.  This will allow you to store anything
in the directory... however, in such cases, it will be treated
as a blob and hence you cannot do attribute value assertions
upon the stored values.

Note, if the attributes are normally transferred using LDAPv3
";binary", the define the attribute (foo) as
"attribute foo;binary bin".  This technic works well for
transferring all BER encoded attribute values.