List:       openldap-software
Subject:    Re: LDAP Statistics Reporting Tool
From:       Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2004-12-29 23:15:31

--On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 5:22 PM -0500 matty@daemons.net wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I just finished the first version of ldap-stats.pl, and wanted to
> solicite feedback from the folks on the list. This utility will generate
> a variety of utilization information from an LDAP logfile:
>
> http://www.daemons.net/~matty/code/ldap-stats.txt
>
> The sript is written in Perl, and available here:
>
> http://www.daemons.net/~matty/code/ldap-stats.pl
>
> Plese email me if you have suggestions, feedback, or potential
> improvements (new reports, performance enhancements, UI improvements,
> etc.). I will post updates to my BLOG:
>
> http://blogomatty.blogspot.com/
>
> Hope folks find this useful,

I'd document what the "-c" (count) option means, and I'd add the ability to
parse multiple log files for generating statistics.  For example, I have 9
replica's, 3 for one purpose, 6 for another.  I'd want to put together the
statistics from them in their various pools using 3 log files for the
first, 6 for the second.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount