List:       openldap-general
Subject:    Re: ACI's
From:       "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt () OpenLDAP ! org>
Date:       1999-08-25 20:57:18

At 10:40 PM 8/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
> I've read an article from Marc W. about the ACI's for LDAP. It's only
> mentioned in his book.
> But the syntax is for the Netscape LDAP-Server. Is it the same for the
> OpenLDAP?
> If not, where can I find a description of the syntax for the OpenLDAP?

OpenLDAP 1.x supports slapd.conf(5) access controls directives
as described in the U-Mich guide.
  http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/5.html

We're currently developing a directory-based ACI mechanism based
upon IETF LDAPext access control drafts as an extension to our
existing ACLs.  For additional information on this development
effort, please review the -devel mailing list archives.

Kurt