David Coutadeur wrote: >=20 > Thank you Howard (and openldap core team) for this synthesis of the cur= rent and future state of dynamic membership devs. >=20 > Indeed, some of my customers were suffering from dynlist performances, = and the decision was taken to go back to more static features (like membe= rOf). >=20 > For now I did not test nestgroup overlay, but I'll give a look for next= installations. Do you have any idea in which version of OpenLDAP nestgro= up will be > officially released? Most likely 2.7 later this year. But I see no reason why it wouldn't work= in 2.5/2.6. >=20 > Regards, >=20 >=20 > Le 26/02/2024 =C3=A0 16:54, Howard Chu a =C3=A9crit=C2=A0: >> The recent work on expanding dynamic group functionality in the dynlis= t overlay seems to have been >> a bad idea. It makes an already fairly complex overlay even more compl= icated, and it puts a lot more >> work into the read side of operations, which adds up to quite noticeab= le slowdowns in search performance >> on deployments that make heavy use of dynamic groups with large member= ships. --=20 -- Howard Chu CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/