List:       openldap-devel
Subject:    Re: ACL caching (Was: Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd proto-slap.h
From:       Howard Chu <hyc () symas ! com>
Date:       2006-11-24 11:51:13

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Just to clear out: what's the difference between o_nocaching and
> o_do_not_cache?  The latter seems more appropriate in this case, since
> in slap.h there's a comment that explicitly refers to group ACL caching.

Ah, I meant o_do_not_cache. As I recall, o_nocaching is a remnant from
the 2.2 syncrepl implementation - a hint to the backends that entries
touched for a particular request aren't important and should not stay in
the entry cache. A grep of the source tree shows that it is pretty much
unused now.

--
   -- Howard Chu