List:       openldap-devel
Subject:    Re: Cancel operation in RE23?
From:       Pierangelo Masarati <ando () sys-net ! it>
Date:       2006-11-10 21:12:40

Michael Ströder wrote:
> HI!
>
> Is the cancel operation already supported in RE23?
> It seems so (playing around with it with python-ldap).
>
> But supportedFeatures in root DSE does not contain 1.3.6.1.1.8.
>
> RFC 3909 states:
>
>    Servers SHOULD indicate their support for this extended operation by
>    providing 1.3.6.1.1.8 as a value of the 'supportedExtension'
>    attribute type in their root DSE.  A server MAY choose to advertise
>    this extension only when the client is authorized to use it.

Correct, the SLAP_EXOP_HIDE should now be removed from re23, since the
cancel operation is supported and now published as RFC 3909.  Moreover,
we do not provide mechanisms (as far as I know) to prevent
non-authorized users from using it (should we?).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.