List:       openldap-devel
Subject:    Reading/searching the backend database at initialization time
From:       "Krishna Ganugapati" <krishnag () marakicorp ! com>
Date:       2005-10-28 17:46:09

Assumptions:
I already have a bunch of objects in a specific DIT partition

I'd like to read them before I do anything else because they store a bunch of \
configuration information

I'd like to access the backend database at initialization time and read a bunch of \
objects - essentially, I want to do the equivalent of:

open database
submit a search
get a bunch of objects
close database

I looked at Appendix A (writing your own backend) in the adminstrator's guide but it \
seems  to be out of date circa 1996 and my interest is to just retrieve a bunch of \
objects in a specific DIT partition where I've stored some additional configuration \
information.

Can someone tell me what I need to do and how I go about this?

Thanks

Krishna