List:       openjms-user
Subject:    AW: [openjms-user] 90% cpu-usage and 10 msg/sec.
From:       "Oliver Belikan" <oliver.belikan () doubleSlash ! de>
Date:       2004-02-25 9:37:48

We use exactly the examples SimpleConsumer and SimplePublisher from
0.7.6.

In one shell we start "runpublisher.bat -topic test -mode tcp -count
1000", in another "runconsumer.bat -topic test -mode tcp -count 1000".
The server starts with "startup" in separate shell.

On a 1GB, 3GHz, GentoLinux with sun jdk 1.4.2_03 the consumer gets up to
16 msg/sec. The cpu usage is up to 50 %.

On a 512MB, 2,66GHz, Windows 2000 Server with sun jdk 1.4.1 the consumer
gets nearly 12 msg/sec. The cpu usage is 98 %.

On a 245MB, 2,4GHz, Windows XP with sun jdk 1.3.1 we have 12-14 msg/sec.
cpu-Usage constant 70 %.

On a 512MB, 2,66 GHz, Solaris 8 with sun jdk 1.4.2_03 we get 15 msg/sec
and cpu is up to 65 %.

The publisher runs with 400 msg/sec. fine.