List:       openjms-user
Subject:    [openjms-user] OpenJMS HTTP Scenary. How to configure?
From:       "Santiago Valdarrama" <svpino () inf ! reduc ! edu ! cu>
Date:       2003-06-23 20:34:55

Hi all,

I'm development a chat application using OpenJMS an I have
the following problems.

Under a HTPP Configuration and using firewalls, the chat
client applications can't send and receive any messages.

We have three scenaries:

1- Machine "Server" hosts the OpenJMS Server. Machine
"Client1" runs a client app and Machine "Client2" runs the
second client. No firewalls. THE COMMUNICATION IS OK.

2- Machine "Server" hosts the OpenJMS Server. Machine
"Client1" runs a client app and Machine "Client2" runs the
second client. The communication is partialy through a
proxy (client to server but the server sends the responses
directly to client). THE COMMUNICATION IS OK.

3- Machine "Server" hosts the OpenJMS Server. Machine
"Client1" runs a client app and Machine "Client2" runs the
second client. All communication is through a proxy
(client to server, server to clients). THE COMMUNICATION
FAILS.

I've read in the openjms-user-guide.pdf included with the
documentation that I need a OpenJMSClient running on the
client side in some port (usually 8080), but I've not idea
where to put this .jar, nor where and how I need to
configure it. The doc of OpenJMS does not explain nothing
about this.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,

Santiago Valdarrama