List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    [openjms-developer] [ openjms-Bugs-1273923 ] binding problem with more networkinterfaces
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-09-19 8:38:15

Bugs item #1273923, was opened at 2005-08-26 10:40
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by frans_user
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=474136&aid=1273923&group_id=54559

not just the latest update.
Category: transport
Group: v0.7.6.1

Initial Comment:

I encoutered the following problem when migrating my
client application to citrix (ICA) client.

The new envirionment is as following:
The citrix clients communicite with each other by means
of a seperate networkinterface in de range of
xxx.xxx.34.??. While the second networkinterface (
xxx.xxx.33.??) is used for connectivity with backbone to
all the network servers (for mail/sql/OPENJMS/etc.).

The problem
When my jms app. is started on one of the citrix clients
the connection is initialized in about 15 seconds without
any errors). When sending a message to a Topic, the
message actually arrives at the OPENJMS server, but
the citrix client(s) dont't receive the message, while they
are also listening to this Topic!

We found out that when we connected our OPENJMS
server to the ICA network (xxx.xxx.34.??) the problem
disappeared. Then we disabled the xxx.xxx.34.??
interface on that server and the clients didn't receive any
messages again.

From the above I concluded that for some reason the
ICA client bindings where send to the OPENJMS server,
while I expected of course the backbone bindings.

Is there something I can do to solve this problem, or is
this a bug? Any suggestion is welcome. Thx.

Below are the specific code snippets I used in the client
app:

- for the connection:
        properties.put
(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.exolab.jms.
jndi.rmi.RmiJndiInitialContextFactory");
        properties.put
(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "rmi://10.50.34.29:1099/");
        TopicConnectionFactory factory =
(TopicConnectionFactory) context.lookup
("JmsTopicConnectionFactory");

- I used a seperate sessions for sending and receiving
(spawn from the same connection).

	//for sending
	topicsession =
connection.createTopicSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
	publisher.publish(topic, jms_message,
DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT, 4, 0);

	//for receiving
	topicsession_2 =
connection.createTopicSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
	topic = (Topic)context.lookup(topic_name);

- OPENJMS version: openjms-0.7.6.1

Comment By: frans_user (frans_user)