List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    [openjms-developer] [ openjms-Bugs-1123902 ] Heirarchical names results in NameNotFoundException
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-07-13 14:47:09

Bugs item #1123902, was opened at 2005-02-16 23:23
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tanderson
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=474136&aid=1123902&group_id=54559

not just the latest update.
Category: jndi
>Group: v0.7.7-alpha-1

Initial Comment:
Originally from
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.openjms.use
r/2289

Hi,

I'm having a problem with openjms 0.7.6.1 and
heirarchical naming of
queue connection factories and queues that I'm
migrating over from some
existing weblogic JMS code.

For instance, I have:

<Connectors>
    <Connector scheme="rmi">
      <ConnectionFactories>
        <QueueConnectionFactory
name="cardionet.QueueConnectionFactory"
/>
      </ConnectionFactories>
    </Connector>
  </Connectors>

<AdministeredDestinations>
    <AdministeredTopic name="cardionet.CallStatus">
      <Subscriber name="sub2" />
    </AdministeredTopic>
    <AdministeredQueue
name="cardionet.ReportTaskQueue" />
    <AdministeredQueue
name="IncomingP2SendMessageQ" />
  </AdministeredDestinations>

The problem is that the lookup of the queue connection
factory with the
heirarchical name works fine but when I try to lookup
the queue with the
heirarchical name, I get a NameNotFoundException.
This doesn't happen if
I lookup a non-heirarchical queue name.

Is this a bug in the avalon Context implementation?
Has anyone seen this
before?

Here is a sample stack trace that I am getting when
lookup up the queue
after successfully getting a handle to the
queueconnectionfactory:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
cardionet.ReportTaskQueue
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.memory.MemoryCo
ntext.doLocalLookup(Me
moryContext.java:89)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.AbstractLocalContex
t.localLookup(Abst
ractLocalContext.java:297)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.AbstractLocalContex
t.lookup(AbstractL
ocalContext.java:278)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.rmi.server.RMINami
ngProviderImpl.look
up(RMINamingProviderImpl.java:157)
	at
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke
(Unknown Source)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessor
Impl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke
(Method.java:324)
	at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch
(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run
(Transport.java:148)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
(Native Method)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall
(Transport.java:144)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages
(TCPTransport.java:460)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.r
un(TCPTransport.ja
va:701)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedF
romServer(StreamRem
oteCall.java:247)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall
(StreamRemoteCall.java:223
)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke
(UnicastRef.java:133)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.rmi.server.RMINami
ngProviderImpl_Stub
.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.RemoteContext.look
up(RemoteContext.ja
va:233)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.naming.AbstractContext.loo
kup(AbstractContex
t.java:246)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup
(InitialContext.java:347)
	at com.cardionet.util.JMSClient.<init>
(JMSClient.java:50)
	at
com.cardionet.jms.QueueClientTest.test_reportTaskQueu
e(QueueClientTest.j
ava:89)
	at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
	at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
a:39)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessor
Impl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke
(Method.java:324)
	at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest
(TestCase.java:154)
	at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare
(TestCase.java:127)
	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect
(TestResult.java:106)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected
(TestResult.java:124)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.run
(TestResult.java:109)
	at junit.framework.TestCase.run
(TestCase.java:118)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest
(TestSuite.java:208)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run
(TestSuite.java:203)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.r
unTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:421)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.r
un(RemoteTestRun
ner.java:305)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.
main(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:186)

Thanks in advance.

Charles