List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    [openjms-developer] [ openjms-Bugs-756237 ] telnet-ing directly to tcp connector/jndi yields OutOfMe
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-05-24 13:23:26

Bugs item #756237, was opened at 2003-06-18 07:17
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tanderson
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=474136&aid=756237&group_id=54559

not just the latest update.
Category: server
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If you start the OpenJMS server with the
tcp_jms_full.xml configuration and telnet to either the
port 3030 (the tcp connector) or port 3035 (the jndi
connector) and hit return several times, you will see an
OutOfMemoryError in the output from the server.

Obviously the server is not expecting people to telnet to
it, but in &quot;the wild&quot; this will happen all the time, so this
is a denial-of-service problem.