List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    [openjms-developer] Status update
From:       "Tim Anderson" <tma () netspace ! net ! au>
Date:       2004-12-10 3:09:27

Hi all,
	in the last few days, I've checked in a large number of
changes to CVS HEAD, which will be part of the next major
release. To summarise:

. code has been split into modules, located under the modules/
  directory.

. connectors have been rewritten:
  . tcp connector no longer causes intermittent deadlocks
  . http connector now supports bidirectional traffic via
    a new servlet 'openjms-tunnel'. The server no longer needs
    to open a connection back to the client to deliver messages.

  Still needs work:
  . disconnection support incomplete
  . authentication support incomplete
  . tcps and https not yet supported

. support for JDBM has been dropped

. support for ANT has been dropped.
  See distribution/xdocs/devguide/build.xml for instructions
  on building using Maven.

Please check it out and take a look.

A 0.7.6 maintenance release (0.7.6.2) still needs to be done,
but I probably won't be able to get round to it till January.
Changes for 0.7.6 are being made on the openjms_0_7_6_maint
branch in CVS.

-Tim