List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    [openjms-developer] [ openjms-Bugs-1077649 ] New topic with dots cannot be added via JmsAdminServerI
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-12-02 19:02:17

Bugs item #1077649, was opened at 2004-12-02 10:30
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mpriest
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=474136&aid=1077649&group_id=54559

Category: server
Group: v0.7.6.1

Initial Comment:
Topics with dots (i.e. "my.topic") can be added to an
OpenJMS server using the openjms.xml configuration file
and are accessible via JNDI.  However, topics with dots
cannot be added using the JmsAdminServerIfc
administrative interface and then be accessed via JNDI.

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Add the topic with dots programmatically as follows:

String topic = "my.topic";
      Boolean isQueue = Boolean.FALSE;
      if (!admin.addDestination(topic, isQueue)) {
          System.err.println("Failed to create topic " +
topic);
      }

2. Method returns sucessfully
3. New topic is visible in admin GUI
4. Topic creation is logged in JMS server
5. Attempt to access the new topic via JNDI as follows:

 Topic topic = (Topic) context.lookup("mytopic");

6. javax.naming.NamingException is thrown indicating no
such topic is bound in JNDI.