List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    Re: [openjms-developer] MOM replay management : OpenJMS MOM 0.7.5.
From:       "Julien Schreiber" <julien.schreiber () cgey ! com>
Date:       2003-11-19 11:06:51

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your answer.

> default for expiration is LIVE_FOREVER (There are some additional constraints for \
> topic message model). If the message is not delivered >within 10 seconds then the \
> OpenJMS server will not deliver it. Try using a longer ttl or set it to -1 or 0 \
> (you need to check the JMS >specification for the correct value) so that it doesn't \
> expire at all.

I will test with different values : 0, -1 and a long delay (30s). I will let you know \
if everything goes well.

I have a question relative to this solution :

- We would like to use NON_PERSISTANT messages to avoid using JDBM database. Do you \
think  that forcing the messages not expiring at all (by configuring the TTL \
parameter as described above) will allow to treat messages that gathered a network \
problem : If the sender is running on a first server and the OpenJMS MOM is running \
on a remote server, if the message can't be sent because of a network problem, does \
the fact that the TTL is set to "0", "-1" or a longer value, make the sender keep the \
message in memory in order to resend ("replay") this message later ? On the OpenJMS \
server side, if the listener is busy, is the message kept in memory until the \
listener is available to receive messages thanks to the configuration of the TTL \
param as "0", "-1" or longer value ?

Thanks in advance for these precisions !

Regards

Julien