List:       openjms-developer
Subject:    [openjms-developer] [ openjms-Patches-711932 ] Ability to detect Debug Logging attempt #2
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-03-31 13:33:45

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=474138&aid=711932&group_id=54559

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I modified exolabcore LoggerIfc and Log4jLogger to add
an 'isDebugEnabled()' method.  This allows a client
class to detect if the Log4j Debug level is enabled prior
to creating the message to be logged.  This could be a
performance improvement if the debug message is being
constructed by cascading String concatenation
operations.

The CVS diffs are below:

RCS
file: /cvsroot/openjms/exolabcore/src/main/org/exolab/cor
e/logger/Log4jLogger.java,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.5 Log4jLogger.java
125a126,130