List:       openjdk-zero-dev
Subject:    Re: JVM Crash on armv7 [resend ]
From:       Andrew Hughes <gnu.andrew () redhat ! com>
Date:       2014-05-16 21:00:14

----- Original Message -----
> Hi
>
> On 02/05/14 05:49 AM, Daniel McGreal wrote:
> > Hi Severin,
> > Thanks for your reply. I don't know about the Shark variant I'm
> > afraid, as this is an off-the-shelf device over which we don't have
> > much control. Is there a way for me to find out for sure?
> > I did forget the logs, but then I sent them in a second message
> > immediately afterwards so not sure where they went, either way they're
> > downloadable at http://djmfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/OpenJDK-Singal11.zip .
> >
> > In trying to reproduce this crash with simpler code, I have created
> > the following code, which provokes a crash too, but this time a Signal
> > 4. Reproduction code and logs are at
> > http://djmfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/OpenJDK-Signal4-Logs.zip and
> > http://djmfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/OpenJDK-Signal4.zip.
> >
> > Very best, Dan.
> >

> > On 2 May 2014, at 10:32, Severin Gehwolf <sgehwolf@redhat.com
> > <mailto:sgehwolf@redhat.com>> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Dan,

> This is an older version of the ARM32 asm jit jvm.
> If possible you should try a newer version as there have
> been bug fixes since 24.
> I'll take a look at the logs and the test.

Indeed. If possible, you should try with the latest 1.13.3 release [0] or
point whoever maintains the device at that version. There will be no further
updates to the 1.12.x series.

[0] http://blog.fuseyism.com/index.php/2014/04/15/security-icedtea-1-13-3-for-openjdk-6-released/

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07