List:       openjdk-swing-dev
Subject:    Re: <Swing Dev> [9] Review request for 8139394: more detailed message for "Could not initialize shel
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <Sergey.Bylokhov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-10-28 19:47:56

On 28.10.16 12:56, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>> If we unsure what information will be contained in the message is it
>> necessary to provide it to the user? Or it will be enough to describe
>> the problem in general? For example this message should not contain
>> something like this:
>> "The library/module c:/windows/system32/shell.dll cannot be loaded",
>> if the user have no permission to read the file system.
> The path is not printed because there always several paths to look for
> the system module.
> But I did not get how filesystem read permission is related to the
> console output.

This is not a console output this is an exception which can be handled.
Filesystem access can be blocked by Securitymanager, access to the
system properties can be blocked as well. So we should not expose these
data via any other ways, like via the messages from the native errors.

Some useful link:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/seccodeguide-139067.html#2

--
Best regards, Sergey.