List:       openjdk-sound-dev
Subject:    <Sound Dev> Line unavailable exceptions still happening with openjdk when acquiring a sourcedataline
From:       i30817 () gmail ! com (Paulo Levi)
Date:       2010-03-24 16:28:16

Doesn't appear to make a difference.
replaced the first lines by this:
        boolean failedSimpleGetLine = false;
        AudioFormat format = new AudioFormat(44100, 16, 2, true, false);
        SourceDataLine line = null;
//        DataLine.Info info = new DataLine.Info(SourceDataLine.class,
format);
        try {
            line = (SourceDataLine) AudioSystem.getSourceDataLine(format);

It still fails at the last line (reaches the last line).
To clarify the bugs:
1) first it gives a sourcedataline that says it obeys the format, without
throwing lineunavailableexception
2) first bug : then it throws lineunavailableexception when trying to open
it.
3) second bug : however trying the sourcedatalines returned for all mixers
eventually finds a line that just works - if so why wasn't that the line
returned.

The saddest thing is that i have pulseaudio installed and a recent version
of openjdk installed. I assumed that was enough to get transparent mixing,
so i removed my special fork of freetts.