List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8320005 : Native library suffix impact on hotspot code in AIX [v2]
From:       suchismith1993 <duke () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-11-28 13:02:07

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:48:14 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stuefe@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > @tstuefe 3rd parameter to pass the either of 2 things:
> > ```
> > 1. The JvmTiAgent object "agent", so that after shifting the \
> > save_library_signature to os_aix,we can still access the agent object.-> For this \
> > i tried importing jvm/prims header file, but i get segmentation faults during \
> > build . Not sure if i am doing it the right way.
> > 2. Pass a character buffer(and not const char*) where we copy the modified \
> > filename back to it and then use it in jvmAgent. code. ```
>
> Does not sound really appealing tbh. We pile one hack atop of another.
>
> Please synchronize with @JoKern65 at SAP. He will rewrite the JVMTI handler code, \
> which will make this point moot. See https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8320890.

Hi @tstuefe  Should i then wait for this code to be integrated and then rewrite the \
.a handling ?  I mean this PR shall remain open then right ?
@JoKern65 Are you even handling the .a handling case ? i would like this PR to stay \
open. Maybe i can wait for the design change that you are working on.