List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8286789: Test forceEarlyReturn002.java timed out [v2]
From:       Alex Menkov <amenkov () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-08-28 22:35:09

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 05:03:06 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Infinite loops are not good to have so the test adjustment seems fine in that \
> regard. But I can't see how using the virtual thread factory could trigger a \
> problem with this code.

It's not clear to me as well.
Debugger sends 'quit' command, but debugee does not receive it (and debugee virtual \
thread is blocked reading from socket). The test is problem-listed and I cannot \
reproduce it in many runs, so I don't see other way to get progress with this issue. \
If the test continue to fail with this fix, we'll problemlist it back, at least it \
adds fresh data for analysis.