List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8310066: Improve test coverage for JVMTI GetThreadState on carrier and mounted vthread
From:       Alex Menkov <amenkov () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-06-30 20:38:59

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 05:54:12 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspitsyn@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Alex Menkov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> > since the last revision:
> > updated comment
>
> test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/vthread/GetThreadStateMountedTest/libGetThreadStateMountedTest.cpp \
> line 112:
> > 110:       LOG("  ERROR: all expected 'weak' bits are set\n");
> > 111:     }
> > 112:   }
>
> Nit: I guess, error message at line 110 has to be:
> `ERROR: not all expected 'weak' bits are set`
> Also, it looks like the check 3a is not really needed as the 3b should cover it.
> But I leave it up to you, if you think check 3a gives some convenience.

'weak' value is for 'sleeping' testcase. In the case we have 2 valid states: \
JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_SLEEPING and JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_PARKED, but only one of them \
should be reported. Test passes expected_weak == JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_SLEEPING | \
JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_PARKED. check 3a verifies that at least 1 bit is set \
(JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_SLEEPING, JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_PARKED or both). check 3b verifies \
that only one of the bits is set (i.e. we don't have both JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_SLEEPING \
and JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_PARKED)