List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: Question about jdwpTransport.h
From:       Chris Plummer <chris.plummer () oracle ! com>
Date:       2022-10-27 2:37:41

It sure looks like a bug. I guess no one has ever used this C++
interface, or even included this header file from a C++ compilation. The
debug agent itself is written in C and calls the C version of this API,
which is located earlier in the file. So this header file does compile
from C, but the syntax error you've pointed out is within a #ifdef
__cplusplus, so is not compiled by the debug agent.

The following link will help you get started with making a contribution:

https://wiki.openjdk.org/display/Adoption/New+Contributor

Thanks,

Chris