List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8244669: convert clhsdb "mem" command from javascript to java [v5]
From:       Chris Plummer <cjplummer () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-12-22 18:14:40

> clhsdb lost support for the "mem" command when javascript support was removed from \
> SA. This PR is re-adding it by implementing it in Java. The description of the CR \
> contains all the details.
> Regarding the clhsdb.html changes for the "examine" command, they are just \
> correctly specifying the existing syntax. No change was actually made to the \
> syntax.
> The changes made to the "examine" command are part of a consolidation effort to \
> better share code between "examine" and "mem". "examine" has no functional changes.

Chris Plummer has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a \
rebase. The pull request now contains six commits:

 - Merge
 - Minor improvements to help text for mem and examine.
 - Fix issue with address range patterns. For some reason they have always allowed \
some extra lower case letters at the end of the pattern that just get ignored. I \
removed support for this since sometimes it resulted in bad address ranges producing \
                an exception rather than a usage() message.
 - Fix missing return after calling usage()
 - Change output string we look for so it passes on all platforms.
 - Add support for clhsdb 'mem' command.

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6902&range=04
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/6902/head:pull/6902