List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: [jdk18] RFR: 8279007: jstatd fails to start because SecurityManager is disabled [v2]
From:       Kevin Walls <kevinw () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-12-22 10:12:21

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:28:52 GMT, Kevin Walls <kevinw@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > jstatd now in jdk18 fails to start unless we specifically allow or set a \
> > SecurityManager. This update to the launcher makefile adds JAVA_ARGS to permit a \
> > SecurityManager.
>
> Kevin Walls has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> since the last revision:
> Remove security manager property from jstatd tests.

Regarding the link to #45
I went with "allow" here as it is jstatd's intention to set an RMISecurityManager, \
not a SecurityManager.  We know that is not really different, but this is a late \
jdk18 change and changing the classes that we load looks like more change than needed \
here at least.

Planning to follow up with a change for jstatd to stop  being dependent on the \
security manager, so warnings are temporary.