List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8274930: sun/tools/jps/TestJps.java can fail with long VM arguments string
From:       Alex Menkov <amenkov () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-10-28 21:55:13

On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:09:09 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplummer@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Actually revoking my review for the moment. Do we have any tests that currently \
> test the default PerfMaxStringConstLength, and this change could be subverting the \
> test by making it so the length is never exceeded?

We don't have any test for PerfMaxStringConstLength.
I think we can fix the issue by using LingeredApp.startAppExactJvmOpts instead of \
LingeredApp.startApp. I the case test VM options are not added to target app and \
command line contains only specified options. It should be ok as we test only jps \
functionality. I don't have strong opinion which way is better.