List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8274398: Suppress more warnings on non-serializable non-transient instance fields in manage
From:       Joe Darcy <darcy () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-09-30 17:00:24

> Follow-up change to JDK-8232442, augmentations to javac's Xlint:serial checking are \
> out for review (#5709) and various management libraries would need some changes to \
> pass under the expanded checks.
> The changes are to suppress warnings where non-transient fields in serializable \
> types are not declared with a type statically known to be serializable. That isn't \
> necessarily a correctness issues, but it does merit further scrutiny.
> I'll run a script to update copyright years before a push.

Joe Darcy has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a \
rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the \
merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since the last \
revision:

 - Add comments and update copyrights.
 - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8274398
 - 8274398: Suppress more warnings on non-serializable non-transient instance fields \
in management libs

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/5726/files/bc8dde4f..a6f37fa5

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5726&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5726&range=00-01

  Stats: 5574 lines in 212 files changed: 3989 ins; 1022 del; 563 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5726/head:pull/5726