List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8262386: resourcehogs/serviceability/sa/TestHeapDumpForLargeArray.java timed out [v5]
From:       Lin Zang <lzang () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-08-26 8:57:19

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 06:40:33 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspitsyn@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Lin Zang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> > since the last revision:
> > fix typo in comments
>
> One more question.
>
> 1367         public synchronized void write(int b) throws IOException {
> 1368            if (segmentMode && !writeThrough) {
> 1369                if (segmentWritten == 0) {
> 1370                    // At the begining of the segment.
> 1371                    writeSegmentHeader();
> 1372                } else if (segmentWritten == segmentBuffer.length) {
> 1373                    // Internal buffer is full, extend a larger one.
> 1374                    int newSize = segmentBuffer.length + \
> SEGMENT_BUFFER_INC_SIZE; 1375                    byte newBuf[] = new byte[newSize];
> 1376                    System.arraycopy(segmentBuffer, 0, newBuf, 0, \
> segmentWritten); 1377                    segmentBuffer = newBuf;
> 1378                }
> 1379                segmentBuffer[segmentWritten++] = (byte)b;
> 1380                return;
> 1381            }
> 1382            super.write(b);
> 1383         }
>
> Does the check for "!writeThrough" at L1368 means there is no need to write the \
> segment header (as at L1371)?

Hi Serguei (@sspitsyn ),
Really thanks for your help!

Hi Chris (@plummercj ),
Would you like to review the latest change again? There are not too much changes \
since your approval, but I think it is better if you could help take a look.

@plummercj @sspitsyn , I will tag this PR with /integrate, and may need your help to \
sponsor it when it is ready. Thanks!

BRs,
Lin