List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8264800: cleanup Threads_lock comments in JVM/TI function headers
From:       David Holmes <dholmes () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-05-31 7:06:20

On Fri, 28 May 2021 19:40:00 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcubed@openjdk.org> wrote:

> A trivial fix to cleanup Threads_lock comments in JVM/TI function headers.
>
> Also remove errant text added by the jframeID XSL template code:
>

> // java_thread - unchecked
> // depth - pre-checked as non-negative
>

> The first line about `jthread` is output in error.
> Only the second line about `depth` should be included.
>
> This fix is tested with a Mach5 Tier1 job set.

Hi Dan,

I _think_ this is okay. It is rather confusing though as I couldn't figure out why \
some functions have the threadsList-handle as part of the code generated via the XML \
file, and some have it in the jvmtiEnv part of the code - e.g. compare \
SetThreadLocalStorage and GetThreadLocalStorage.

Thanks,
David

Marked as reviewed by dholmes (Reviewer).