List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8266957: SA has not followed JDK-8220587 and JDK-8224965
From:       Yasumasa Suenaga <ysuenaga () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-05-27 5:03:04

On Mon, 17 May 2021 12:07:13 GMT, Yasumasa Suenaga <ysuenaga@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Following jtreg tests for SA would fail because SA has not followed \
> [JDK-8220587](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8220587) and \
> [JDK-8224965](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8224965).
> * serviceability/sa/ClhsdbDumpheap.java
> * serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFindPC.java
> * serviceability/sa/ClhsdbInspect.java
> * serviceability/sa/ClhsdbSymbol.java
> * serviceability/sa/TestHeapDumpForInvokeDynamic.java
> * serviceability/sa/TestJmapCore.java
> * serviceability/sa/TestJmapCoreMetaspace.java
>
> They need to handle relocated objects and/or live regions (pages). SA should handle \
> them.
> This change passes serviceability/sa jtreg tests on Linux x64 with \
> -vmoption:-XX:+UseZGC, but I want to know this change works fine on testbed for ZGC \
> in Oracle. Could you help?

Ping: could you review this change?
I know this is too big to review, so it is also welcome to comment to divide this PR.

This PR would fix [JDK-8267045](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8267045) \
which is marked as P3. If we can mark P3 to this PR, we can get more time to review. \
I think SA should support ZGC as possible in next major release.