List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8252103: Parallel heap inspection for ParallelScavengeHeap [v6]
From:       Stefan Johansson <sjohanss () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-10-28 13:14:47

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 11:31:01 GMT, Lin Zang <lzang@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > - Parallel heap iteration support for PSS
> > - JBS:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8252103
>
> Lin Zang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> since the last revision:
> fix constant coding style and do code refine

The build testing caught an error. If you enable GitHub actions for openjdk, you will \
get basic testing like this automatically (if your branch is based on a recent master \
or merged recently).

src/hotspot/share/gc/parallel/psOldGen.hpp line 170:

> 168:   uint iterable_blocks() {
> 169:     return (object_space()->used_in_bytes() + IterateBlockSize - 1) / \
>                 IterateBlockSize;
> 170:   }

This causes a build failure on windows:
hotspot\share\gc/parallel/psOldGen.hpp(169): error C2220: the following warning is \
treated as an error hotspot\share\gc/parallel/psOldGen.hpp(169): warning C4267: \
'return': conversion from 'size_t' to 'uint', possible loss of data I suggest either \
changing the return here to `int` and make an explicit cast or `size_t` and then add \
the cast when used in `claim_and_get_block()`

Changes requested by sjohanss (Reviewer).