List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    RFR(L/S) : 8249030 : clean up FileInstaller $test.src $cwd in vmTestbase_nsk_jdi tests
From:       Igor Ignatyev <igor.ignatyev () oracle ! com>
Date:       2020-07-31 20:24:10

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8249030/webrev.00
> 2258 lines changed: 0 ins; 1144 del; 1114 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review the clean-up of nsk_jdi tests?
from main issue(8204985) :
> all vmTestbase tests have '@run driver jdk.test.lib.FileInstaller . .' to mimic old \
> test harness behavior and copy all files from a test source directory to a current \
> work directory. some tests depend on this step, so we need 1st identify such tests \
> and then either rewrite them not to have this dependency or leave FileInstaller \
> only in these tests.

the patch removes FileInstaller actions in the said tests, and as before, the biggest \
part of patch was done by `ag -l  '@run driver jdk.test.lib.FileInstaller . .' $DIR  \
| xargs -I{} gsed -i '/@run driver jdk.test.lib.FileInstaller \. \./d' {}` with $DIR \
being test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jdi/.

the 10 tests which had '-configFile ./<...>', and hence were looking for config file \
in the current directory, were updated to search for a config file in 'test.src' \
directory: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8249030/webrev.00-configFile

testing: :vmTestbase_nsk_jdi on {linux,windows,macos}-x64
JBS:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8249030
webrev:  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8249030/webrev.00/

Thanks,
-- Igor=