List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: jmx-dev MBean attribute deprecation
From:       Daniel Fuchs <daniel.fuchs () oracle ! com>
Date:       2020-07-23 13:36:06

Hi Milan,

JMX is being maintained by serviceability these days.
I am forwarding your question there.

This is an interesting observation. JMX makes it possible to
define and use annotations on methods/getters/setters, to add
key/value pairs to the Descriptor of the corresponding
MBeanFeatureInfo.

The mechanism should probably be extended so that the standard
@Deprecated annotation is also reflected in the Descriptor.

best regards,

-- daniel