List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR (S): 8245129: Enhance jstat gc option output and tests
From:       "Hohensee, Paul" <hohensee () amazon ! com>
Date:       2020-06-29 20:40:14

Thanks, Daniil! Pushed.

Paul

On 6/24/20, 4:07 PM, "Daniil Titov" <daniil.x.titov@oracle.com> wrote:

    Hi Paul,

    The change looks good to me.

    Thanks!
    --Daniil

    On 6/22/20, 8:48 AM, "serviceability-dev on behalf of Hohensee, Paul" \
<serviceability-dev-bounces@openjdk.java.net on behalf of hohensee@amazon.com> wrote:

        Thanks very much for review, Volker. I'll file a follow-up issue.

        One more reviewer, please? :)

        Paul

        On 6/22/20, 8:10 AM, "serviceability-dev on behalf of Volker Simonis" \
<serviceability-dev-bounces@openjdk.java.net on behalf of volker.simonis@gmail.com> \
wrote:

            Hi Paul,

            thanks for fixing jstat for larger heaps. I like that you've added
            explicit tests for ParallelGC which hasn't been tested since G1 was
            made the default collector.

            I also agree that sizes should all be right justified. I only wonder
            if the header of a right justified column shouldn't be right justified
            as well? However, taking into account that this already hasn't been
            handled consistently before your change, I'm fine to postpone that to
            a follow-up cleanup change.

            I think the change looks good so thumbs up from me.

            Thank you and best regards,
            Volker

on behalf of "Hohensee, Paul" <hohensee@amazon.com>  > Date: Monday, May 18, 2020 at \
8:25 AM  > To: serviceability-dev <serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net>
            > Subject: RFR (S): 8245129: Enhance jstat gc option output and tests
            >

            > Please review an enhancement to the jstat gc option output to make the \
columns wider (for up to a 2TB heap) so one can read the output without going \
cross-eyed.  >

            > Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~phh/8245129/webrev.00/
            >

            > I added tests using ParallelGC since the output can differ for non-G1 \
collectors. Successfully ran the test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/tmtools/jstat and \
test/jdk/sun/tools/jstat tests. A submit repo run had one failure  >

            > runtime/MemberName/MemberNameLeak.java
            >
            > tier1
            >
            > macosx-x64-debug
            >

            > but rerunning it on my laptop succeeded, and there's no connection \
between this test and my patch.  >