List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8241618 Fix unchecked warning for jdk.hotspot.agent
From:       Magnus Ihse Bursie <magnus.ihse.bursie () oracle ! com>
Date:       2020-03-30 14:25:13

On 2020-03-25 20:52, Chris Plummer wrote:
> Hi Magus,
>
> I haven't looked at the changes yet, other to see that there are many
> files touched, but after reading below (and only partly understanding
> since I don't know this area well), I was wondering if this issue
> wouldn't be better served with multiple passes made to fix the
> warnings. Start with a straight forward one where you are maybe only
> making one or two types of changes, but that affect a large number of
> files and don't cascade into other more complicated changes. This will
> get a lot of the noise out of the way, and then we can focus on some
> of the harder issues you bring up below.
Ok, I did just this. Here is an updated webrev. It contain the bulk of
the changes, but all changes are -- I dare not say trivially obvious,
but at least no-brainers. Hopefully it should be easier to review so I
can get this pushed and out of the way.

This also means that it is not possible to turn on the warning just yet.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/JDK-8241618-fix-unchecked-warnings-for-agent/webrev.02

/Magnus