List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    RFR(S): 8231288: "jhsdb jmap" test needed to reproduce issues that used to be reproduced by JShellHe
From:       Chris Plummer <chris.plummer () oracle ! com>
Date:       2019-09-30 19:59:40

Hello,

Please review the following:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cjplummer/8231288/webrev.00/index.html

There were a number of jmap issues that JShellHeapDumpTest.java used to
reproduce that went away with the fixes for JDK-8228625 because these
fixes bring the jshell process to an idle state. This new test gets rid
of the Thread.sleep(2000) that JShellHeapDumpTest.java does, making it
so the jshell process is still active during the jmap heap dump. The
helps to reproduce 4 other jmap bugs for which there are open CRs
already filed. This new test has to be problem listed as a results.

Note I left mention of JDK-8196969 out of the problemlist because a fix
for it is about to be pushed by someone else, and I don't want either of
us to have to deal with timing issues for which CR gets pushed first.

thanks,

Chris