List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: 8217348: assert(thread->is_Java_thread()) failed: just checking
From:       Daniil Titov <daniil.x.titov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2019-06-17 17:06:18

Thank you, David, Serguei and Alex, for reviewing this change!

Best regards,
--Daniil

On 6/16/19, 6:15 AM, "David Holmes" <david.holmes@oracle.com> wrote:

    On 15/06/2019 10:06 am, Daniil Titov wrote:
    > Hi Serguei,
    >
    > The discovery was made by David Holmes. Thank you, David, a lot!

    :) Wish I'd spotted it the first time round.

    Fix looks good.

    Thanks,
    David

<serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com> wrote:  >
    >      Hi Daniil,
    >
    >      Great discovery!
    >      The fix looks good to me.
    >
    >      Thanks,
    >      Serguei
    >

    >      On 6/14/19 4:56 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
    >      > Please review the change that fixes an intermittent issue.
    >      >
    >      > The problem here is that a bitwise-AND (&) operator was used in the \
condition instead of a logical AND operator (&&).  >      > As a result \
pending_thread->is_thread_fully_suspended() is always evaluated regardless of the \
value of at_safepoint variable.  >      >