List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: Providing users with thread type
From:       Alex Bagehot <ceeaspb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-04-28 21:32:40

Hi Jc,
Have you seen at the work of async profiler? It may provide the kind of
visibility into VM work that you are after.
https://github.com/jvm-profiling-tools/async-profiler
As it can be driven from Linux perf events rather than SIGPROF it is able
to observe more of the system and therefore provides more insights.

Thanks,
Alex