List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    RE: RFR (S) 8222491: jcmd can fail converting UTF8 output to strings
From:       "Schmelter, Ralf" <ralf.schmelter () sap ! com>
Date:       2019-04-16 12:47:04

> I feel there must be a better way :) but the fix is fine as-is.

I share your feeling ;)

The best we could come up with was to use the transferTo(Writer) method on the \
InpuStreamReader.

But the PrintStream is unfortunately no Writer, although it is very close to being \
one. And wrapping the PrintStream in a OutputStreamWriter fails, since we cannot get \
the encoding used by the PrintStream (which is probably the default encoding, but \
I've not seen this specified).