List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    RFR (M) 8201655: Add thread-enabled support for the Heap Sampling
From:       JC Beyler <jcbeyler () google ! com>
Date:       2018-10-26 17:48:14

Hi all,

When working on the heap sampling, I had promised to do the per thread
event so here it is!

Could I get a review for this:
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jcbeyler/8201655/webrev.02/

I was thinking of adding GC-dev for the memAllocator change once I get
favorable reviews for the rest of the change.

I've done a bit of performance testing and on the Dacapo benchmark I see no
change in performance when turned off (logical, any code change is behind a
flag check already in place) and when turned on it is comparable to the
current performance.

(More information is: I see a very slight degradation if we are doing 512k
sampling but no degradation at 2MB).

Thanks,
Jc