List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(S): 8200720: Print additional information in thread dump (times, allocated bytes etc.)
From:       Chris Plummer <chris.plummer () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-05-31 22:03:39

Hi Gunter,

globals.hpp: fix typo "informatiuon"

I worry a little bit about the synchronizing (if that's the right word)
of PrintExtendedThreadInfo and the dcmd's -e flag. When using -e, you
are temporarily enabling PrintExtendedThreadInfo if it was false. This
temporarily changes the behavior of thread dumps, and could impact other
uses that happen in parallel. Also, could two simultaneous uses of -e
result in PrintExtendedThreadInfo not getting restored properly?

thread_dump() doesn't look right. It looks like you are iterating char
by char over the argument, and expect something like "-el" to be
specified rather then "-e -l". The loop should be iterating over
op->arg(i), not op->arg(0)[i].

The rest of the changes look fine.

thanks,

Chris