List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(XL) : 8199383 : [TESTBUG] Open source VM testbase JVMTI tests
From:       Magnus Ihse Bursie <magnus.ihse.bursie () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-05-25 7:40:51

On 2018-05-23 02:05, Erik Joelsson wrote:
> Looks like the line "# } nsk/jvmti" is a left over. Otherwise this
> looks ok, even if it's an enormous amount of duplication. Hopefully we
> can figure out a better way to express common parameters for tests soon.
Argee, the current solution is not scaling to this kind of multiple test
with additions. There is already an issue on JBS for this:

/Magnus

> /Erik
>

> On 2018-05-22 16:35, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8199383/webrev.00/index.html
>>> 308253 lines changed: 308253 ins; 0 del; 0 mod;
>> Hi all,
>>
>> could you please review this patch which open sources JVMTI tests
>> from VM testbase?
>>
>> As usually w/ VM testbase code, these tests are old, they have been
>> run in hotspot testing for a long period of time. Originally, these
>> tests were run by a test harness different from jtreg and had
>> different build and execution schemes, some parts couldn't be easily
>> translated to jtreg, so tests might have actions or pieces of code
>> which look weird. In a long term, we are planning to rework them.
>>
>> webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8199383/webrev.00/index.html
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199383
>> testing: :vmTestbase_nsk_jvmti test group
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Igor

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:8bfed6c4-d0e0-4324-5982-d4ef040d12c1@oracle.com">Looks
      like the line "# } nsk/jvmti" is a left over. Otherwise this looks
      ok, even if it's an enormous amount of duplication. Hopefully we
      can figure out a better way to express common parameters for tests
      soon.
    Argee, the current solution is not scaling to this kind of multiple
    test with additions. There is already an issue on JBS for this:
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8201582">https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8201582</a><br>
    /Magnus<br>
      On 2018-05-22 16:35, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
href="http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8199383/webrev.00/index.html">http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8199383/webrev.00/index.html</a>
          0 mod;
        Hi all,
        could you please review this patch which open sources JVMTI
        tests from VM testbase?
        As usually w/ VM testbase code, these tests are old, they have
        been run in hotspot testing for a long period of time.
        Originally, these tests were run by a test harness different
        from jtreg and had different build and execution schemes, some
        parts couldn't be easily translated to jtreg, so tests might
        have actions or pieces of code which look weird. In a long term,
        we are planning to rework them.
        webrev:
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8199383/webrev.00/index.html">http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8199383/webrev.00/index.html</a>