List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8180709: java -javaagent:agent.jar with run-time that does not contain java.instrument
From:       "serguei.spitsyn () oracle ! com" <serguei ! spitsyn () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-12-20 18:21:14

  <head>
  </head>
      On 12/20/17 05:28, Gary Adams wrote:<br>
      the patch file in the webrev sufficient?

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://bussund0416.us.oracle.com/export/users/gradams/work/webrevs/8180709/webre \
v.01/jdk-hs.patch">http://bussund0416.us.oracle.com/export/users/gradams/work/webrevs/8180709/webrev.01/jdk-hs.patch</a><br>
      For testing I had been running the closed tonga all.testlist and
      the open jdk-tier1 tests.<br>
    Not sure, what coverage for j.l.instrument API is in the tonga
    tests.<br>
    It seems, the only vm.defmeth has it.<br>
    The :jdk_instrument (open/test/jdk/java/lang/instrument) test suite
    is what is normally needed.<br>
    In this particular case any coverage might be enough though. :)<br>
    Thanks,<br>
    Serguei<br>
      But to demonstrate the error message, I would locally build "make
      profiles"
      and then compare jre-compact2 and jre-compact3 results. The
      compact2
      profile does not include java.instrument, but compact3 does.<br>
    Good idea.<br>
    I don't know how to run the mach5 for compact profiles.<br>
    Most likely, your plan is to build and run tests locally.<br>
    Thanks,<br>
    Serguei<br>