List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: Why doesn't jdk.hotspot.agent export anything?
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-03-02 23:57:35

On 3/03/2017 5:01 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 02/03/2017 13:31, Volker Simonis wrote:
>
>> :
>> I didn't had the impression that this was a mistake. At least it was
>> advertised on " The Java Tuturials Blog"
>>
>> https://blogs.oracle.com/thejavatutorials/entry/hotspot_serviceability_agent_api_javadoc
>>

>> which seems to be a more or less 'offical' Oracle blog.
> I have contacted the author to get this corrected.

The SA is unsupported but documented in various ways and places:

http://openjdk.java.net/groups/hotspot/docs/Serviceability.html
https://blogs.oracle.com/sundararajan/entry/hotspot_source_serviceability_agent
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~minqi/6830717/raw_files/new/agent/doc/index.html
(also same content linked from kenai.com)

David