List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(S): JDK-8165496 assert(_exception_caught == false) failed: _exception_caught is out of phase
From:       "serguei.spitsyn () oracle ! com" <serguei ! spitsyn () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-10-26 3:22:28

Hi Dmitry,

Sorry, I do not see how this fixes the problem.
What are you trying to solve by calling the set_exception_detected()
conditionally?
The _exception_detected flag at that point has to be set anyway, right?

The root cause of this issue is that the assert is unreasonable and does
not solve anything.
So that the assert has to be replaced with cleaning the
_exception_caught flag.
Please, read my comment in the bug report.
I also thought that you were agree with this conclusion. :)

Thanks,
Serguei