List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(S): JDK-8165500: TestJpsJar shouldn't jar all test.classpath directories
From:       Dmitry Samersoff <dmitry.samersoff () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-09-20 10:04:18

Dmitry,

After some debugging:

1. We have to explicitly @build JpsBase to put it into jar file.

2. Couple of testlibrary classes are build because of JpsBase.java
dependency. Jtreg put it to

./JTwork/classes/sun/tools/jps/jdk/testlibrary/

i.e. we have incomplete jdk.testlibrary package.

3. If jtreg overwrites this directory processing @library tag
it works. Otherwise we get classNotFound exception when attempt to run
jar file.

4. If we copy multiple directories to the single jar file, we assemble
complete jdk.testlibrary package from multiple places and it works.

*So I'm working on large fix*, because:

a. I don't think that the test should jar everything from entire classpath.

b. I don't think that assembling a testlibrary is an appropriate
behavior for the test

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia