List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    JDK-8148659: Add all option to JSnap
From:       Yasumasa Suenaga <yasuenag () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-01-30 15:48:56

I want to add -a (all) option to JSnap because JSnap is very useful to analyze core image.

Currently, JSnap can show PerfDataEntry which namespace is java.* or com.sun.* .
We can use jcmd with PerfCounter.print when we want to attach live process, however,
as JDK-6224040 shows, we have to use JSnap.

In terms of core image analysis, -a option is very useful for troubleshooting.

I uploaded a webrev for this enhancement.
Could you review it?

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8148659/webrev.00/

I'm jdk9 committer, however I cannot access JPRT.
So I need a sponsor.

Thanks,

Yasumasa