List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8130063: Refactoring tmtools jstat and jstack tests to jtreg
From:       Alexander Kulyakhtin <alexander.kulyakhtin () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-01-14 9:20:53

Hi Jaroslav,

Thank you very much for the review.

Best regards,
Alexander

----- Original Message -----
From: jaroslav.bachorik@oracle.com
To: alexander.kulyakhtin@oracle.com, serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net
Cc: stefan.sarne@oracle.com, staffan.larsen@oracle.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:30:08 PM GMT +03:00 Iraq
Subject: Re: RFR: JDK-8130063: Refactoring tmtools jstat and jstack tests t=
o jtreg

Hi Alexander,

On 12.1.2016 15:22, Alexander Kulyakhtin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you, please, review the following test-only change
>
> CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8130063 "Refactoring tmtools=
 jstat and jstack tests to jtreg"
> WebRev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akulyakh/8130063_01/

The changes look good.

Thanks for taking care of the rewrite.

-JB-

> Before the change we had a set of tests verifying the correctness of jsta=
t and jstack tools output in various scenarios.

> Those tests have been implemented by means of an internal framework, whic=
h sometimes worked unstable, resulting in false nightly failures.
> The functionality, which the tests verify, fully belongs to the open JDK.
>
> We are refactoring a subset of the tests to use jtreg as the test framewo=
rk. In this way we are able to avoid some of the false failures of the old =
framework.
> We are also moving the tests to the Open JDK as they verify the open func=
tionality only.

> For the similar refactoring of the remaining java tools tests, a separate=
 JEP is going to be submitted.